Saturday, October 6, 2007

Well, England has performed a miracle and beater Australia to reach the semi finals of the Rugby World Cup. This really is a miracle to anyone who saw the frankly shocking performance made against South Africa in the pool stages. rock on England


In anticipation of the likely soon return of the hubby-love, I have been attempting to improve my cooking skills. So last night I backed a fairly simple pound cake and then made a chocolate/whiskey drizzle to go over the top. Now, I don't like to float my own boat too much, but that stuff was GOOD!!!! It was random too - I just shoved together a bunch of stuff that sounded like it might taste good together. I think I might try another one next friday night and see if there is secretly a cooking genious hidden inside me.
It doesn actually make me sad though that I never got my Grandma's recipes from her. She's still alive but has dementia so the time to learn from her has passed. She could cook like noone I have ever met. At Sunday dinner there would be a choice of at least two amazing desserts, and usually we all had a hearty piece of each. So sad that all her true genious will go with her.

Now I really must do some exercise. I feel like a big fat lump!!!

GO ENGLAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
';

No comments: