Friday, September 21, 2007

whine whine whine

Today they said some nice things to me at work about being a citizen. It was sweet. I think I'm really lucky with my job - I don't think that many places would be so understanding and caring.

Well, today I once again went in search of some new clothes. Anyone who has read me before will know that this is an issue for me. Well today was no different. All I want is a black dress. A black dress that is about knee length, is not low cut and is straight in the hips. HOW HARD CAN IT BE???? Evidently, quite difficult indeed. I went everywhere. Nearly every one I tried on fitted just fine on top but then had hug hip areas built in. Banana Republic was the worst offender. What is with the assumption that a size 0 woman has flabby hips?? Is it even likely?? I don't think so. Finally I got one in Target of all places. Its not perfect but it was cheap and it will do for now!!!
So . . . a note to all the fashion designers out there. Not all girls have large boobs and flabby hips!!! No do we want them.

Honestly.

I am quite excited, however, that I get to wear my new hat tomorrow. Its simply stupendous and I can't wait - grey wool with a fabulous satin bow. I have been looking forward to this moment for two weeks. Just wish that the hubby was here to enjoy it. He is amused by my hat wearing family. Maybe I will wear a lovely one to his coming home party :-)

2 comments:

liberal army wife said...

ah, hats. sorry, I only have ball cap style hats, except for the little straw gardening hat...

and isn't it great to have a good place to work. I will miss mine when we move. I think I'll keep temping for a while, they never seem to mind time off whn they aren't paying for it.

LAW

liberal army wife said...

janey... you ok? you haven't posted in a while. too much champers?

LAW