Sunday, July 8, 2007

Do you ever feel like . . .

Do you ever feel like you step up one time and from there forward, you become the reliable one, the reasonable one, the one you go to if there's something to say that's difficult, or that might cause confrontation?
Well, that's how I feel and the moment. I'm quite bored with it actually. I wish other folks would take responsibility and say what it is they want to say. For a start, perhaps that would solve a few things. And, then maybe I can have a rest from putting out other people's fires. This is not a job I asked for within the family and yet, I appear to have been bestowed with the honor. Fabulous.

Yesterday was a frustrating day in a lot of ways. I'm having to keep my anger . . . well maybe not anger - maybe just irritation . . . in at the moment which is completely contrary to any advice I would give anyone else. Currently though, by letting it out I would damage too many relations and it would be an especially selfish move under the circumstances. The blog will have to do for today!

I suppose what I want, in short, is for the other people to grow some balls (nice turn of phrase, I know) or stop whining about it. Also, I'd like someone, just someone in the aforementioned group, to ask how I am feeling today, or how my day was. Is that so much to ask? Really? Even if they don't really care that much, it would be so nice to be asked. My need is quite basic.

No comments: