Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Today I posted Harry Potter to hubby! He's as big of a nerd as I am. I also sent his favourite toothpaste because apparently it isn't available in his corner of Iraq. I am constantly amazed by what silly things he is fussy about.

Work is driving me nuts. I am so bored. Of course, part of that is probably due to the fact I am a little bit bored at home. I see friends and family, but its just not the same as having him home. A bit part of it though, is the work. I have to ask myself whether I am willing to settle for a boring but stable job, or go out and seek something more exciting but less secure. Its hard. This is my first ever real job. I know I'm probably suffering from the "grass is always greener" syndrome. But . . . it couldn't be much worse. The only thing keeping me there is the people with whom I work, and the hours I work. I know, I know, suck it up and shut up.

Anyway, the fact is we need the money and so I can't go anywhere for now. The Army does not pay E5s very well. So. With that in mind, its time to go to bed and get ready for another not so exciting day at work!

PS
Marathon training is going well!! Knees seem to have recovered.

No comments: