Monday, July 16, 2007

Today has had one positive feature - for dinner I had cake and wine. yay.

Ok, seriously, since when did Texas have a monsoon season? I have had it with the rain. I have it on good authority from the weather people that it has rained 26 out of the last 30 days. We don't need any more for the time being thank you very much!!! This kind of rubbish weather is why I left London in the first place. I don't need a repeat performance in my new home!

Really, today was rubbish. It started badly at 5:30 this morning when I clonked my knee on the bath. I have a bruise to match the one on the other knee that I got from running! Always an attractive look, don't you think!

It had its amusing moments though. During my lunch hour I was doing my usual routine at the gym (30 mins, 3.6 miles on the treadmill) when I was very rudely interrupted by a massive lightning strike and a power outage! That will ruin your knees if it happens too often. It was painful but ultimately funny. When we left the office for lunch, it was not raining. By the time we returned, post gym, it was lashing down. So much so, that walking to the car the water was coming over the top of my new pink shoes. So sad. Squelching in ones shoes is most unpleasant. Then, the side roads were all flooded. But when we got back to work, was in raining? Of course not!! merely a light drizzle. So, I looked a right wally with soaking trousers and wet shoes for the rest of the day. Oh someone send some sunshine please!

Hubby called today. He is well. I miss him so much, and I hope he gets his parcel of goodies soon!

2 comments:

liberal army wife said...

Janey - you use such lovely terms, that I haven't heard since I was in boarding school in England, or living in Sydney (Hunters Hill, actually)

so.. which is it? Brit, Scot, Welsh, Irish, Aussie, or Kiwi?

as for Texass and the monsoons... it doesn't surprise me at all.

LAW

Janey M said...

Thanks! I'm a Brit!