Monday, July 9, 2007

random thoughts for the day

Today I had to chair a meeting for a large project at work. I made an effort to wear nice clothes etc. And then what is the first thing I did today? Spilled coffee all down my front. It looked lovely on my pale pink top. That just about sums up my workday.

Away from work, I was pleased to read that the 3 year girl taken hostage in Nigeria was released. Crimes against children are such a horrific thing in society. Its a relief to see a happy ending for once, and I just hope that she doesn't remember much about it.

I have also been following the English football transfer market some. The money in football, american football and other sports is enough to make you sick. I love to watch sports as much as the next person, and I get that these people need to make a living. But millions and millions??? Imagine what that money could do for charitable causes in local communities. Sure, some sports personalities give huge amounts of money to charity - but not all of them. Our priorities seem to be all muddled up.

No comments: