Friday, July 6, 2007

I was thinking today about being alone - not permanently - and how it forces you to get to know yourself rather too well. I mean - you spend all this time thinking and assessing relationships and going back over all the little things that could have changed your life - all those decisions etc. And then, what if after all that, you don't much care for the person you find. Is it really that easy to just change yourself and fix all those things you don't like?

This has been bothering me all day. Can you make yourself a "good sport" just because you don't really like that you are not? Can you get over a hang up or bias, just because you would want your friends to? I certainly don't know. But I think its something to think about. I suppose I am stuck between on the one hand thinking that people should accept me as I am, but on the other, knowing that I wouldn't much like to be my friend.

I prefer to think about politics, but sadly this has been all there is on my mind today. That and the non stop miserable rain. Perhaps that has influenced my mind's path some.

No comments: