Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Isn't it so lovely to have a relaxing evening? Tonight was the first I have had in a little while. Hubby has sounded (!) safer recently, so I don't have to worry about him quite so much. I finished everything I planned for the day at work, and I didn't get stuck in a rain storm on the way home.

So, it has been a lovely evening. I plonked myself on the sofa and watched a favourite film and then had a glass of wine with dinner. I even took a nice little nap. Fabulous. I also watched my current favourite on the telly - "so you think you can dance." I love it. I makes me dream that maybe if had even an ounce of grace or had only the one left foot, I could be a dancer too. Thankfully when this show is over, my other fave, "dancing with the stars" will be back.

I've also been playing online trying to find a new hair do. I have wild hair that takes huge amounts of effort to tame every morning. It has that charming super-frizz characteristic that means "big" is never an issue, and, there is tons of it. Every hairdresser I have ever been to has said something along the lines of "blimey, that's a lot of hair for one person." Add that to the SE Texas humidity and you have recipe for disaster and a big grin on the face of the flat iron people. Anyway. . . I spent two hours online only to come to the conclusion that long, red and frizzy is probably how it will remain. I'll tell my hair that it's the thought that counts.

Oh, I hope this good mood continues. Its not that I ever stop worrying about him, but it is so nice to get a bit of relief from the nervous feeling I have most of the time. IT has also been super that we have been able to talk about non-war related items recently. One that has brought us most joy is planning our wedding reception. We had one of those planned in 24 hours weddings that a lot of military couples have when they find out about deployment. It was wonderful, but we didn't get to celebrate with many friends. In fact, most people missed it. So, when he gets back, we are having a large reception and will finally get to dance our "first dance." I think we have decided on a song, but I have dreamed about this moment for a long time so it has to be perfect. Discussing it has made for some brilliant phone chats recently.

This post is too long . . .

2 comments:

liberal army wife said...

no, not too long. nice to hear you are feeling good. that feeling of not being scared, that's precious. I suddenly realized that when he emailed me from Doha on leave. And now, I'm happy that he's home after 21 months...

Long and red. right, now I know I won't let my husband get on this blog. Mine is short and brown/grey. He's wanted me to dye it red for years - but I have good italian skin/olive tones.

the party sounds like fun... just don't forget the Guiness or a good Brown Ale, Newcastle Brown preferably. mmmmm.

LAW

Janey M said...

21 months! That's too long. I should stop complaining this instant! Hubby will only have been gone 15 months!
Ironically he would like me to colour my hair brown. But that would look awful with my pale freckled skin!!

I'm pleased to know that other appreciate the joy that is Newcastle Brown Ale. I love it. There will be plenty on hand. That and Boddingtons!